Fundraising for much needed additional equipment and services is a key part of what our charity is about. The demands on the NHS continue to grow as a result of the ageing population, developments in diagnostic and medical equipment and specialist treatments – and the demands cannot all be met from existing NHS budgets.
Examples of hospital projects we have recently supported:
- Specialist chairs for elderly patients with dementia
- Specialist disabled toilet for the main entrance foyer
- 10 heart monitors
- Refurbished reception areas - Head & Neck Department, Children’s Ward
- Refurbished recuperation room for Ward 16 (surgical)
- Courtyard garden for Cancer Care Centre
- Art therapy project
- Blood check machine for Endoscopy Clinic
Considering a sponsored challenge?
If you are willing to tackle a challenge on behalf of the Friends of York Hospitals, we are willing to support you! For further details, including a sponsored challenge pack with information on how we can cover event entrance fees and help publicise your event, contact Andy White in the Friends’ office - Contact Us